Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Best fantasy series I've read? Probably not. Hard to say since I'm in the middle of 3 fantasy series which, at one point or another, I considered to be the greatest of all time. Harry Potter certainly has the best, most satisfying finish of any fantasy series I've read. (Finished Series include Lord of the Rings; Dark Tower; Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn; and Amber, among others. it's thematically consistent, doesn't rely on any deus ex machina, and, to some degree, keeps you guessing. All and all, a stunning conclusion to a fantastic fantasy series.

And obviously one of the most important series of books in quite some time, since it actually managed to get kids to read. American kids, no less!

Now the question that remains is what will Ms. Rowling do next? Whatever it is, I'll surely pick up a copy as soon as it's available.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Harry Potter and the Overrated Drivel