Sunday, October 17, 2010

Back again, who is he?

So I was looking at Windows Live Essentials and I noticed “Windows Live Writer”, which, apparently,  is a blogging app for Windows.  After setting up my blog in it, I realized I hadn’t posted on my blog in like 2 years, which is a little crazy to me.  I realize I don’t really have any readers and the ones I do have actually know me and have some idea where I am and what I’m up to.  Also Facebook sort of makes blogging feel a little pointless, but I hardly update my status in Facebook either.  I guess this blog is really more of a record for myself of how things are and what I’m thinking about at a given time.

My life is wildly different since I last updated.  Now I live in Washington, and work for Microsoft, since the untimely, or perhaps timely, demise of Pandemic Studios.   I’m working for 343 industries, and things are going OK there.  Danielle is doing fantastically well over at Natural User Interface Publishing, also in Microsoft.  She’s been producing (from the publisher side) Alan wake Downloadable content  as well as working on another unannounced, top secret, project.  A bunch of my friends also moved to Washington, so socially it’s not so different from Los Angeles.  The climate is totally different, it’s much colder here and it does rain quite a bit more, but I really like it.  I haven’t had a real Fall in years and it’s fantastic.  I love seeing the leaves change and feeling the crisp air.  I’m actually half getting into sports since the weather is so fall-like.

Microsoft is a great employer with fantastic benefits.  It’s crazy to work for such a huge company but I also really like it.  They make so many products and do so much stuff it’s almost a little intimidating.  The company meeting was totally crazy.  But pretty cool.  I’m looking forward to my free Windows Phone 7 quite a bit.  I think it looks like an awesome phone and I’m really tired of my horribly slow iPhone 3g.

Halo Reach came out and I really loved it.  I’m still playing online quite a bit, and it’s the first online multiplayer game on console I’ve ever gotten into.  I’m really enjoying it.  My friend Mike worked on it and his levels are some of my favorite Halo levels of all time.

I guess that’s enough for now.  I might try updating this more as I remember.  This software is kind of cool I guess but doesn’t seem that much better than the actual Blogger website.  If anyone’s reading this, I hope you have a nice day!

No comments: