Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Verge

There is a new tech site in town.  It’s called The Verge. It’s ostensibly similar to Engadget and Gizmodo, in that it reports tech news with some editorializing.  It is actually, in practice, quite different.  I’ll say that Engadget and Gizmodo might post more stories in a day, but The Verge posts stories that are almost like magazine articles.  They’re laid out extremely well with top notch writing and if the article isn’t an editorial, an overall lack of bias in the content, something that’s pretty rare these days in tech reporting.  I tend to think the majority of the staff are apple fans, but I don’t think that comes through too badly in the news reporting.  Unlike Gawker sites, there’s also a distinct lack of sensationalism and click-baiting which I find incredibly refreshing.

Anyway I thought some people might be interested in this great new tech site, The Verge.

No comments: