Sunday, October 28, 2007

Perhaps I was too hasty

I picked up Guitar Hero 3 despite my initial disappointment with the demo. I'm playing through on Hard, so it's not quite so annoying, and the sequencing hasn't seemed inspired but it seems decent. It's still a fun game, and it generally has a good tracklist, though I think some of the choices are absolutely terrible. However, there are some absolutely fantastic guitar hero songs here (Knights of Cydonia, One).

The boss battles are a terrible idea, however. The first two bosses are so easy as to not even be an issue and the last boss is just insanely ridiculous. The song is already hard, and then they keep throwing attacks at you, during the time when you can charge up for your attacks, so you can rarely even acquire attacks to fight back with. Really annoying. I don't mind a tough game, but I hate when they rondo it up.

Anyway, aside from the boss battles, the game is good.